Saturday, October 3, 2009

Thank you Dan Brown

Today I started to read Dan Brown's new book, "The Lost Symbol". I couldn't believe he actually created a character who was a metasystems analyst - Trish Dunne. It is so exciting that someone, even if she is fictional, is actually working in this space. Of course, I immediately ran to my computer to see if there actually was an industry blog, "Future Applications in Computational Metasystem Analysis". If there is a blog, I couldn't find it.

Several people over the years have suggested that I create a blog about what I do. I never did because I, like Trish, seriously doubted that anyone would read it. However, if Future Applications in Computational Metasystem Analysis is becoming mainstream enough for Dan Brown to write about it, maybe it is time for me to start blogging.

So, thank you Dan Brown for giving me hope that someone, someday may actually read and follow this blog. For those of you who have found this blog, thank you for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

7 comments:

  1. Darla,
    Bravo for posting this blog! I too am reading "The Lost Symbol" and as I have done with all of his books I keep the laptop ready. What a wonderful surprise to find this blog! You go girl! Facinating stuff here, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. I am reading the book as I comment your post and googled for this blog as soon as he introduced the character Trish. I'll drop by again to actually read what your blog is really about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good write-up, Darla! Yes, metadata and metasystem are alive and well. This technical field is becoming more visible and important.
    Have read the Lost Symbol, and had a pleasant surprise like you too about the "metasystem" character. You see, my job is "Lead Metadata Engineer".

    Phuc N. Nguyen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    It is very nice to read, that e.g. Jules Verne and now Dan Brown were able to describe phenomena, became/becoming reality. The similarity analysis is one of the newest methodologies being already able to ensure the measurement potentials of complex systems (e.g. society, stock markets, ...)

    Best regards

    S. Larry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Darla, I'm currently reading The Lost Symbol right now and as I stumbe on the part where Trish Dunne is introduced I suddenly search for the blog Future Applications in Computational Metasytem Analysis trying to find out if it really exists. And I find this blogspot of yours. It's already 2020 tho but yeah I wish that you continued your blog.

    ReplyDelete